Monday, September 12, 2011

#13. Older people/ Women winking at you

This is just weird because how do you interpret it? It’s like if you are a woman and some creepy old guy winks at you…I mean it’s not brain surgery why he’s winking. It’s the old ladies that put you through a brain teaser. You ask them a question something simple and non suggestive such as, “how are you doing today mam?” They respond, “oh! We are doing just fine, (wink).” Then you’re stuck in that middle ground where you’re thinking do I interpret that as a normal wink which is “no…. come help us”, a sarcastic wink, or just a ‘hey cutie’ wink. I mean the ways you could interpret the wink are endless…. then you walk away, still a little weirded out and always a little cautious. These ladies obviously don’t understand the meaning behind the gesture of a wink, so now your just awkward and uncomfortable and hoping for them to leave so the whole situation passes.

A good example of this is my mom winks at people all the time…why this creeps me out is because my mom is a naturally flirty person, she’ll flirt with anything, male, female, animal, kid… I mean it doesn’t really matter.. So when she winks at people, I just want to be like “hey mom what’s the wink for?”... and knowing that she unknowingly is winking as if it is just natural for her to wink at every stranger that accidentally blinks at her on the street is just weird. So when I get winks at totally inappropriate moments from women it makes me think back to my mom and I just get doubly creeped out.

EXCEPTION: Hot older men, in which case… wink away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment