Wednesday, June 22, 2011

#11. Running into someone you’ve hooked up with and NOT recognizing him or her.



This has never happened to me. Thank God that I’ve never been that blacked out that I would have forgotten. But this did happen to two of my friends the other day so I had to put it in here.

Here’s how it went down. We were sitting at a restaurant having some hangover brunch, which always ends up taking place around lunch time since we can’t seem to get our lazy butts out of bed, dressed and out of the house before at least 12:00. There we were drinking our mimosas and the greasiest egg covered in deliciousness item on the menu with a group of our friends. One of our girlfriends, let’s call her Sarah for now, doesn’t hang out as much as the others and so as a few of our guy friends arrived she got reintroduced to them. She gets to our friend, let’s call him John, and he politely introduces himself to her. Our friend decided to jump on this opportunity to create awkward tension and says, “ya, you’ve met before. You hooked up with her”. Sarah and John had made out at a dance club a month back. The great part about this was that Sarah didn’t really recognize him either. She thought he was a hot Latino man named Tony. In comparison, he is a Caucasian man that goes by a different name entirely. After this leak of information both victims sat there in uncomfortable silence while both individual parties laughed their asses off. Apparently it wasn’t that good for either of them to remember each other’s name or ethnicity for that matter… better luck next time guys.

Well I thought this was a one-time occurrence that would happen to me and my friends and that I was lucky to witness this go down once! But to my surprise and great pleasure it happened again the other day, which either tells me it is not as rare as I once thought or that I hang out with some really classy people, you choose. We were at a bar the other day and my friend forgets this girls name that he ran into that went to high school with him. So he decides to introduce her to his friend by using the technique that we all know so well from awkward moment post #1. Forgetting someone’s name, the ‘introduce to a friend technique’ in order to get the persons name without asking for it.

So as he was introducing his friend to the girl, the buddy looked up and open his mouth to say his name when the girl said, “I think I know you, you spent the night in my bed a couple years ago”. Once again another awesome moment that I thought would only be witnessed once for me but now I get to share with all of you. This my friends is a complete and total awkward moment for the people involved but if you are a bystander just sit back and laugh because it is quite entertaining.

I’d like to take a second to thank my friends for making these events happen, without friends like you, awkward moments like these aren’t possible

No comments:

Post a Comment